Everday Living 43

Today this Thanksgiving Day I reflect on my blog Everyday Living 43.  My hope within my years on earth is that I am able to make each day count. 15 years ago this past October we laid my Dad to rest. He fought a vigorous battle with cancer and did not win. My life forever had been changed. I was 14 at the time, 9th grade in middle school-a whole world ahead of me but not much zest left for life.

As days, weeks, holidays, confirmation, prom, high school graduation went by I soon realized how to live my life without him. It was hard at first than it became the new norm-life without my dad was a reality and even though it was so frustrating to not have him by my side to walk me down the isle-I had to change my way of thinking and anger and learn to celebrate his life.

My dad had 43 years on this earth-43 years that he lived everyday to the fullest-presented it with a zest of life-brought so much laughter, smiles and warmth to all the lives he touched. He had a way with people, his positive outlook on life is what gave him the energy and strength to make those 43 years count.

So it is with great admiration, gratitude and love that I honor my dad-his 43 years of life and my 14 years I had with him that I make each and everyday count.

I love you Dad, I miss you and this Thanksgiving I am thankful for those 14 years I did have with you-you have taught me how to love, laugh and cry and this day within all the hustle and bustle of life I will make this Thanksgiving Day count.

smooogles. Miran

No comments: