Thankful Tree


Thankful Tree

This thanksgiving we traveled back to our home town of Bismarck-we were lucky enough to have two Thanksgiving dinners-one hosted by my husband's brother Chad and sister in-law Alicia and also one at my mom's house. It's a good thing Chad & Alicia's house is so great for gatherings as 35 of our family members on my husbands side we able to gather together this year-quite a crew we have-we were only missing my husbands twin Reed and his wife Emily and their 2 boys who live out in Grand Rapids, Michigan

-as Grandma Great Marge said " we are all one good looking family" -i had to chuckle at the one-she is probably alittle biased-but I must agree with her!

After we stuffed our faces at the Dietrich's we went to my moms's and awaited the arrival of my brother Mathias and his wife Courtney-they now live out in sunny San Jose, CA. -we hade not seen them since last Christmas when they drove back to attend my Grandma Gerti's funeral. -miss Ahlera now 6 months and some change was very excited to meet her aunti and uncle for the 1st time.
They are also the Godparents to my middle child Miss Ainsley Mathias (2 1/2) and they were able to win over her heart with some yummy Sponge Bob & Dora fun fruits!

It was a fun time spent with family this past week, the kids along with their Aunti Melanie and some help from their Uncle Math aka the lumberjack who cut down the branches (and to my understanding almost killed himself on the way down) & Aunti Courtney they made this Thankful Tree
-the kids cut out colorful fall leaves and wrote on them what they are thankful for-the sticks are placed in a metal vintage basket stacked full of pine cones
-it is much bigger than it looks in the picture and truly captured what things at Thanksgiving we should truly be thankful for-our family, friends and our health!

I hope this Thanksgiving you and your families were able to gather with family and friends and enjoy a plentiful Thanksgiving!

No comments: