Creative Mee Mee

So my mom has always wondered what she is good at.....hmmm where do I start?!

For one she is an awesome cook, if anyone has ever eaten her food-it's almost always good-I can only think of one situation where I know I didn't like her cooking and I'm pretty sure she would agree on this one-her  Squab dinner!-for those of you wondering squab is young pigeon-her dish looked almost as good as it smelled-phenomenal...however the taste was not as great, I think my husband who grew up on wild game was the only one who ate more than one bite-all of us agreed she probably didn't need to make that dish again!

That said, I cannot even begin to tell you all the dishes that we request everytime she comes to visit or we make a trip back home. Her knoephla soup is out of this world, dumplings to die for, fried chicken (& feet) yep the feet too and rice, homemade vegetable soup-tastes the best when your out camping-yep soup and camping sounds a bit outrageous but amazing how many people gather once they smell vegetable soup cooking!

ok, so cooking is just one thing she is great at-she has been knitting for awhile, mainly has focused on baby blankets for each of her grandchildren-6 in 6 years has kept her pretty busy! (not to mention a special granddog-Abby-for which she has sewn a dog bed for) -she has dabbled in hats and scarves for the grandkids as well. I must remind you she still works full-time. However as soon as she is ready to retire-I know that my sister and I could employ her full-time in making all sorts of stuff.
Ahlera's deep purple knitted blanky

She is constantly finding new project ideas for the grandkids to create, their latest was making painted butterfly creatures out of coffee filters.

Her most recent creation is by far my FAVORITE-she has been collecting parts and pieces for well over 2 years and she finally had enough to create her grandkid/dog masterpiece

SCRABBLE PHOTO ART

Mee Mee's grandkids/dog

She spelled out each of her grandkids' names and glued each letter down, in order to be able to change out pictures she used double sided photo tape for a less permanent application-as her grandkids/dog grow she can swap out for a more recent picture

She has this piece resting on a shelf in her computer room so she can enjoy it often, you could also put it under a piece of glass on top of a side table for quite the conversation starter or even mount it to the wall as a focal piece.

Mee Mee you are very special to us in soooo many ways and we cannot wait to see what you will be creating next!

No comments: