Prayers for Brayden-Update




Tonight I am reminded how lucky I am to have 3 beautiful healthy girls. A few months back I saw a post on Facebook about a young boy named Brayden. He has been fighting grade 4 brain cancer since last May. His type of brain cancer is not curable and life expectancy is anywhere from 1-2 years. Last week he was put on hospice and as the facebook posts have gone it doesn't sound like he has long till he goes to be with Jesus.

He is the same age as my oldest daughter Addisyn and just a month ago had graduated from preschool much the same as my daughter did.  Except Brayden was fighting brain cancer, losing his balance, his speech and needed assistance for most things.

He is home with his family. We have been praying for this little guy and his family to have peace and comfort during this difficult time and my Addisyn always asks me, "mom what is peace and comfort?" I came up with best answer I could and told her it is what makes them feel good inside. 

I remember going through the end stages with my Father's own battle with cancer while he was on hospice. I know that what is to come for the family may seem like peace and comfort but it only brings a whole new set of feelings and sadness to deal with.  I can only hope that they can feel all the prayers and love around them as they go through this difficult time.

So tonight as your tucking in your kids to bed, give them an extra kiss and cuddle and remember to "Make Everyday Living Count"

Please join me and say a prayer for Brayden and his family to help them in all this to find some form of peace and comfort.

To find Prayers for Brayden on Facebook click HERE

***update Brayden joined Jesus in heaven the morning after I wrote this post-Monday June 18th-he was in his mother's loving arms, please join me and pray for his family as they begin to live their lives without this very special little boy.

No comments: