Easy Peasy DIY Sun Guard Lotion


I have been searching for a DIY Sun Guard lotion recipe and I think I finally found it!

The original post can be viewed here.

I have tweaked it a little to include some awesome Young Living Essential Oils that are great for healthy skin support. 


All you need is 6 ingredients:
1. Raw Shea Butter 2TBSP
3. Coconut Oil 1/2 C
4. Beeswax 1/4 C
5. Vitamin E Oil 1 tsp
6. Zinc Oxide 2 TBS


 and 3 Young Living Essential Oils:
1. Helichrysum 5 Drops
2. Lavender 15 Drops
3. Carrot Seed 20 Drops

*To order your Young Living essential oils at wholesale (24% off) by joining as a member go here and click sign up: www.everydaylivingeos.com 


First combine the top 5 ingredients in a double boiler method on medium heat on the stove top 
Stir and continue to heat till melted


Once melted remove from heat to cool e bit-while this is happening combine the 3 essential oils and zinc oxide together in a glass container with lid. I like to use a pint size ball canning jar for this. 

Then it's time to add the liquid that has cooled for a couple of minutes. Place the lid on tight end shake line nobody's business. (music optional)
Make sure you can't see any zinc floating . Once it's all mixed in you're ready to fill your containers. 

I found these awesome colorful silicone refillable containers great for the lake or travel. They are even airport travel approved! (3oz) 


One batch makes about 8oz so I did have some extra (I made a double batch) and also filled some 4oz glass jelly jars

I used Avery Label Size # 8293 and printed my own labels at home.For the smaller silicone bottle tops I cut them down with a paper punch similar to this: paper punch 

And that's it! You have yourself some chemical free Sun Guard lotion you can feel good about putting on yourself-your kids-even your pets!

**Update: Update: we have been using the sun guard lotion this past week, it has been working awesome and I have no complaints from my kids. It is definitely less greasy compared to the diy spray recipies. We still use both, the lotion for the face and the spray on the body. (the spray is much quicker when you have 10 kids to lube up) I highly recommend the lotion recipe to anyone else looking for a safe, less greasy chemical free alternative and I do really love the silicone tubes I purchased from amazon, expensive but they are easy to fill and squeeze as the lotion is a bit thicker.

To learn more about how to enhance your home, health and beauty using essential oils and to get your oils at wholesale pricing (24% off) visit www.everydaylivingeos.com

Contact me if your ready to make a change that will begin the rest of your life as a healthy happier you! 

Miranda Dietrich 
Young Living Independent Distributor 
#1647574
www.everydaylivingeos.com
everydayoiling@outlook.com







No comments: